Volunteer with us
Help us make the magic happen in Toronto.
Every aspect of our convention happens with volunteers. From check in at Registration, to panels and events, to the AV and Operations crews that keep the show running smoothly. If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to help put together an event of this magnitude, or want to meet like-minded and helpful furries, volunteering is a great way to give back to the community and make the convention legendary for everyone.
Our volunteers take time out of their busy schedules, giving their spare hours to make sure the convention runs successfully. Without them, Furnal Equinox simply wouldn’t happen. As our convention grows, we try to offer more to our attendees, and that requires us to constantly grow our volunteer team. Simply let us know by filling out our Volunteer form below, or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staffing is a larger time investment, and usually involves duties before the convention as well as during. Our core team of Staff, Department Heads, and Directors work closely together to make sure the inner workings and fine details of our events go as smoothly as possible.
All of our available roles benefit from experience in fast-paced customer service environments. Training will be provided prior to the convention. A personal background check is required for all Staff-level roles, since these involve handling sensitive and/or privy information. If you have any questions about this process, or would like to apply, contact us at email@example.com
Registration Supervisor – Staff
The first faces attendees see at the convention are those at Registration—and of course, first impressions are everything! As Registration Supervisor, you’ll be one of those faces. You’ll also be in charge of keeping lines running efficiently and effectively.
Core responsibilities include:
1) Managing a group of Registration team members and addressing attendee escalations;
2) Assisting with customer service prior to the convention through online ticketing systems.
With regards to this position, previous experience in management is a plus. Experience using web-based systems for data entry, in addition to experience with cash handling/payment processing, is strongly desired.
Art Coordinator – Department Head
Furnal Equniox’s brand is wrapped up in the designs seen on our website, social media pages, conbooks, and more. The Art Coordinator manages this aspect of the convention’s brand and puts together design assets to give the event powerful visual appeal.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to…
- Providing regular reports and submitting budget proposals and requests on behalf of the department
- Overseeing overall graphic design and brand management of our yearly event, focusing both on the given year’s as well as the overarching convention’s brand
- Coordinating with artistic volunteers to provide formally requested art assets to give the convention a polished look.
- Specific asset examples include registration badges, promotional buttons, Conbook content and covers, and so on.
With regards to this position, experience with Adobe or equivalent products, artistic production and brand management are strongly desired. Small team management and collaboration are also required.